Home Care Physical Therapist- North East Region/Forest Lake Area
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:July 24, 2023
Department:78007300 Home Care
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides physical therapy and education to clients. Referring clients to the appropriate resources as needed. May case manage clients in and out of assigned geographic region.
Key Position Details:
Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Provides Physical Therapy treatment to clients.
- Initiates assessment of client per diagnosis.
- Consults with client on their goals and desired outcomes.
- Educates client, family members or others involved in care of treatment plan including age specific and cultural considerations.
- Identifies goals and intervention for each problem, impairment or functional limitations of client.
- Continuously assesses needs of client and functional deficits, progressing plan of care.
- Initiates appropriate referrals to other disciplines.
- Case management of clients as needed.
- Establishes and provides on-going oversight of plan of care.
- Makes interdisciplinary referrals.
- Facilitates communication with disciplines involved including providers and payer sources.
- Manages caseload taking into consideration priorities, scheduling, urgency of client in and out of assigned geographical areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy from an APTA accredited program required
- Master's degree in Physical Therapy preferred
- 2 to 5 years in a rehabilitation or long term care setting required
- 0 to 2 years in a Home Care or acute care setting preferred
- Licensed Physical Therapist - MN State Board of Physical Therapy required if providing services in MN upon hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently