Urologic Oncology Physician Assistant
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:July 27, 2023
Department:16000640 AHCI Administration
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin, Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas. A place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health is embarking on a transformational initiative to improve care for the 17,000 people diagnosed with cancer each year in the Twin Cities. The vision for the Allina Health Cancer Institute centers on value creation through coordination of the full continuum of oncology – from prevention/ detection through treatment and survivorship. The Institute is unique in the region and empowered to direct substantial investments in cancer facilities, clinical and research programs, and strategic partnerships.
Key Position Details:
- Casual Position.
- Located at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis.
- Position supports genitourinary cases.
Located in south Minneapolis, Abbott Northwestern is consistently recognized nationally and locally for its exceptional expertise and care.
With over 5,500 employees, 1,400 physicians and 633 beds, Abbott Northwestern Hospital cares for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
- Participates as a surgical team member
- Collaborates with surgeon and other health care team members to achieve optimal patient outcome.
- Performs focused perioperative nursing assessments.
- Communicates with other health care providers regarding patient's plan of care.
- Manages patient care immediately postop with surgeon and other health care providers.
- Participates in postoperative rounds, assisting in discharge planning, identifying appropriate community resources.
- Provides direct assistance to surgeon
- Participates in safe patient placement, surgical prep and draping.
- Assists surgeon by helping provide exposure, maintain hemostasis, tie or sew, and other technical functions.
- Anticipates and contributes in retracting, cauterizing, sponging and suturing.
- Completes wound closure and dressing application as directed by surgeon.
- Assists surgeon during emergent bedside surgical procedures.
- Uses critical thinking skills
- Problems solves regarding work flow and OR schedule.
- Priorities work to meet needs of patients, surgeons, and other health care providers
- Assesses who needs to know and what level of communication regarding issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing or Bachelor's degree of Science in medical related field.
- Completion of Accredited Surgical First Assist Program.
- 5 to 7 Years Operating Room experience required.
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required if graduate of an accredited registered nursing program upon hire.
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required if graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
- Registered OR Nursing Certificate if graduate of an accredited registered nursing program required.
- CSFA (Certified Surgical First Assist) Certificate required.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently