Radologic Technologist Interventional Cardiology
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 21, 2023
Department:38015006 Mercy Cardiovascular Lab
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:32
Weekend Rotation:Every 4th
Job Summary:Performs diagnostic radiological imaging, in more than a single Modality, that may include, CT (computerized tomography), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), general radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Sonography, or Mammography depending on location of department. These procedures would be as directed by providers or radiologist providing timely and quality service to the patient. Follows Imaging Department policies to maintain a safe, efficient and economical environment. Interacts with patients to welcome, explain and respond to question and concerns during and following the procedure.
Key Position Details:
- Mercy Hospital CV Lab
- Shift: Monday – Friday, Days
- Call: rotating paid call 1-2 times per week, every 4th weekend paid call
- CV Lab experience preferred, but not required
- Assist physicians in radiological imaging of cardiac and vascular procedures for diagnostic interpretation and/or therapeutic interventions.
- Act as scrub assistant, maintaining sterile conditions during clinical procedures.
- Operate imaging equipment and work in the control room monitoring and documenting procedure images and events.
- Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives. Identify potential areas for improvement including processes that could be streamlined or revised to improve patient satisfaction.
- Completes procedure in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient with two identifiers.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Performs procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function
- Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
- Understands the Enterprise Medical Imaging/Picture Archiving and Communication System.
- Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Communicates with supervisor and team
- Reports problems, issues or ideas.
- Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work of others.
- Other duties as assigned
- Vocational or Technical Training graduate of accredited School of Radiologic Technology required
- Experience in radiology and other modalities preferred
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required registered upon hire or
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required registry eligible, Computerized Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Sonography or Mammography upon hire and
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required registered in Computerized Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Sonography or Mammography depending on which Modalities are required in the position within 180 Days
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently