Medical Assistant / LPN Primary Care Cottage Grove
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 10, 2023
Department:62059900 Allina Health Group Cottage Grove
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:38
Job Summary:The Clinical Assistant provides support to providers and the nursing staff in the delivery of timely, quality patient health care services. Some duties include assisting with rooming patients, managing patient flow and obtaining adequate patient medical information/data.
Key Position Details:
$2,000Sign-on Bonus eligible
Location: Allina Health Cottage Grove Clinic
Will consider Medical Assistant or LPN. If LPN, requirements include:
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a Board of Nursing approved LPN program required
- Two years clinic LPN experience preferred and
- LPNMNBN required and
- LPNWI required if working in Wisconsin or interacting with Wisconsin patients by phone and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Allina Health required within 30 Days or
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
The schedule for this position is as follows:
Provide patient care support and assist providers as instructed by the Physician, Provider or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Reports any acute problems and changes in patient's condition.
- Provides information to patients regarding test/procedure preparation, over-the-counter medication administration and treatment with provider.
- Provide patient preventative or other heath information per provider or RN
- Coordinate results of tests, procedures ect. with provider.
- Assists with scheduling appointments for patients.
- Prepare refill information for provider to review.
- Facilitate obtaining lab/imaging results and notify provider of abnormalities.
- Works with the electronic medical records in basket, responding to messages and results for provider.
- May need to perform injections using proper techniques.
- May need to help cover front desk and provide backup to patient registration.
- May assist with patient transportation.
Room patients, manage patient flow and obtain adequate patient medical information/data.
- Perform rooming and vital signs according to standards.
- Assist with the collection, labeling, and processing of specimens.
- Confirm information with patient when necessary and document per practice.
- Keep patient informed of provider schedule and notify provider when patient is ready.
Clean, re-stock and maintain inventory for exam rooms and inventory for supply room.
- Ensure that supplies are ordered, stocked and inventory is maintained.
- Order medical supplies and nutritional supplies.
- Sterilize and ensure the proper maintenance occurs for all exam room equipment.
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer directions or standards.
- Follows all policies and procedures when administering medication.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School or GED required and
• Licensed Practical Nurse or Medical Assistant
• BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Certified by the American Heart Association or Allina BLS within 30 Days
• Medical Terminology preferred