Home Care Physical Therapist Case Manager-PPV
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 15, 2023
Department:78007300 Home Care
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Provides physical therapy and education to clients. Referring clients to the appropriate resources as needed. May case manage clients in and out of assigned geographic region on an as needed basis.
Key Position Details:
Direct patient care within patient home environment includes continuous assessment of patient needs, progression of plan of care, coordination and management of patient and family needs, and skilled care following the "Therapy Practice Act".
•Supports admissions, resuming care post hospitalization, and necessary visits in home health. Provides patient care in collaboration with Home Health Interdisciplinary Team on quality, patient care and patient satisfaction.
Join a fast growing, experienced home care team in the Southeast Metro!
Allina Home Care is preferred by patients and keeps their care within the continuum of the system. You Belong Here!
- Flexible Schedule - Great work life balance
- Pay Per Visit Schedule
- Monthly Weekend Requirements:
- Commit to two weekend days (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) each month
- Opportunity to pick up more hours
- Contact types will be paid out as follows:
- Start of Care (SOC): hourly rate x 3.5 hrs
- Resumption of Care (ROC): hourly rate x 2.25 hrs
- Recert: hourly rate x 2.25 hrs
- Evaluation: hourly rate x 2.5 hrs
- Visit: hourly rate x 1.75 hrs
- Provides Physical Therapy treatment to clients.
- Initiates assessment of client per diagnosis.
- Consults with client on their goals and desired outcomes.
- Educates client, family members or others involved in care of treatment plan including age specific and cultural considerations.
- Identifies goals and intervention for each problem, impairment or functional limitations of client.
- Continuously assesses needs of client and functional deficits, progressing plan of care.
- Initiates appropriate referrals to other disciplines.
- Case management of clients as needed.
- Establishes and provides on-going oversight of plan of care.
- Makes interdisciplinary referrals.
- Facilitates communication with disciplines involved including providers and payer sources.
- Manages caseload taking into consideration priorities, scheduling, urgency of client in and out of assigned geographical areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy from an APTA accredited program required
- Master's degree in Physical Therapy preferred
- 2 to 5 Years in a rehabilitation or long germ care setting required
- Less than 2 Years in a Home Care or acute care setting preferred
- Licensed Physical Therapist - MN State Board of Physical Therapy required if providing services in MN
- Licensed Physical Therapist - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required if providing services in WI
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
- Driver's license required
- Business Impact: Role has impact on the department.
- Collaboration: Creates internal alliances outside the immediate team or department.
- Communication Skills: Advanced communication skills involving complicated topics.
- Functional Knowledge: Understands his/her discipline and good conceptualization of processes.
- Analytical Thinking: Practices investigative techniques to determine the best approach.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently