Physician's Assistant Urogynecology
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 16, 2023
Department:62144400 Allina Health Group East Metro Women's Health
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides help with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations as part of a Physician/Physician Assistant team. Works within a Specialty Care team, in both inpatient and outpatient situations and can perform independently or as part of the treatment team ensuring continuity of patient care in all settings. Serves as an educator, case manager, consultant to staff and multidisciplinary health care team.
Key Position Details:
- Completes comprehensive patient assessments.
- Determines diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- Orders and interprets medical diagnostics in tandem with attending physician.
- Prescribes medications, treatments, therapy and medical equipment.
- Conducts patient education when working to manage chronic illness or wellness care.
- Multidisciplinary team approach to treat complex conditions.
- Provides surgical assistance in OR for vaginal, laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgeries
- System-wide referral source spanning the twin cities and outlying areas.
- Direct referrals from active group of 12 ob/gyns who share office space.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Excellian, our EMR, is a software product from Epic and is considered one of the most comprehensive systems in the nation.
- Master's degree completion of accredited Physician Assistant program
Certification as Physician Assistant - NCCPA National Commission
Licensed Physician Assistant - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire
Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- ACLS/BLS Tier 3 - required within 180 days of hire
- Full time with clinic and OR schedule
Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently