Hematologist/Oncologist- Allina Health Cancer Institute- West Region
Number of Job Openings Available:0
Date Posted:August 17, 2023
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health is embarking on a transformational initiative to improve care for the 17,000 people diagnosed with cancer each year in the Twin Cities. The vision for the Allina Health Cancer Institute centers on value creation through coordination of the full continuum of oncology – from prevention/ detection through treatment and survivorship. The Institute is unique in the region and empowered to direct substantial investments in cancer facilities, physician recruitment, clinical and research programs, and strategic partnerships. Importantly, the Institute oversees cancer care across the entire health system, ensuring that consistently exceptional outcomes are delivered in any setting where patients access cancer care. This model – tested and refined nationally at other large “hybrid” cancer programs –provides high-quality cancer care close to home.
The Allina Health Cancer Institute is being built upon the outstanding foundation of Allina’s current cancer program, widely recognized for its clinical expertise, care coordination, and compassionate approach to care. Some of the program’s strengths include:
• >50,000 cancer patients cared for annually, including 6,000 new cases each year
• #1 in inpatient cancer surgery in the Twin Cities - a product of Allina’s surgical oncology practice.
• #1 breast cancer program in the Twin Cities, caring for 1,400 newly diagnosed patients each year.
• Over 20 oncology nurse navigators supporting patients and families throughout their cancer journeys.
• 9 locations throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin.
Key Position Details:
Allina Health Cancer Institute is seeking a board certified/board eligible Medical Oncologist/Hematologist to join our contemporary, comprehensive, multidisciplinary program. This role will provide services in the west region of the Twin Cities.
• Full-time position- 32 patient contact hours per week plus call and rounding.
• Team includes: 18 oncologists, 12 advanced practice providers, 4 radiation
oncologists, 2 thoracic surgeons and 6 surgical oncologists.
• Oncology nurse navigators that are present at all new consults.
• Genetic counselors including an in-house genomic laboratory.
• Robust support services including an integrative medicine program, social work and dietitians.
• Weekly multi-disciplinary tumor boards.
• Access to cooperative group and early phase industry clinical trials.
• EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
Consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report, Minneapolis-St. Paul, commonly referred to as the Twin Cities, offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. There are excellent school systems, a thriving workforce, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, 4 major league sports teams, and an international airport. Minneapolis boasts outdoor hobbies including fishing and boating, great golf, and some of the country's best bike trails.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required.
Graduate of an accredited ACGME Hematology/Oncology fellowship training program required.
BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required.
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges.
- BLS certification required within 180 days of hire.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently