MRI /CT Technologist Casual
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 21, 2023
Department:38026102 Unity MRI
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Performs diagnostic radiological imaging, as defined by the location of department. These procedures would be as directed by providers or radiologist, providing timely and quality service to patients. Follows Imaging Department policies to maintain a safe, efficient and economical environment. Interacts with patients to welcome, explain and respond to questions and concerns during and following the procedure. See additional job description details for modality specific information.
Key Position Details:
- Casual - flexible
- Day/Evening/Night shifts available
- Must work minimum of 2 shifts per month including one evening/weekend.
- Completes procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient with two identifiers.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Performs procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function
- Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
- Understands the Enterprise Medical Imaging/Picture Archiving and Communication System.
- Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Communicates with supervisor and team
- Reports problems, issues or ideas.
- Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work of others.
- Other duties as assigned
- Vocational or Technical Training graduate of accredited School of Radiologic Technology program required
- 2 years medical imaging experience preferred
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required must be registered upon hire and
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required must be certified Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) if working in that area upon hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently