Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 21, 2023
Department:62259920 Allina Health Group Dean Lakes
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Key Position Details:
- Primary care team has 3 Family Medicine Physicians, and 2 Advanced Practice Providers
- Supportive and collaborative provider group
- Focused on provider well-being and having a work-life balance
- Provider mentorship program
- 36 patient contact hours per week
- Minimal call coverage
- Outpatient practice providing care to all ages, including growing families
- Clinic hours are Monday and Friday : 7:30am-5:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 7:30-4:30pm, and closed Saturday-Sunday
- EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
The City of Shakopee is located in the southwest corner of the Twin Cities metropolitan area, 23 miles from Minneapolis, on the Minnesota River. Residents of Shakopee enjoy both the atmosphere of a small town and the resources of a thriving metropolitan area. Incorporated in 1857 as a booming river town, today Shakopee is the county seat of Scott County, one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The city has its own downtown central business district, regional medical center and business park and is home to regional entertainment attractions such as Historic Murphy's Landing, Valleyfair Amusement Park, and Canterbury Park Racetrack.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Master's degree Completion of accredited Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner program required
- Licensed Physician Assistant - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire
- ACLS-BLS Tier 2 - Multisource required within 180 Days
- Certification as Physician Assistant - NCCPA National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants upon hire required
- Drug Enforcement Administration upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently