LPN or MA (Chaska, MN)
chaska, mn, usa
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 21, 2023
Department:62259900 Allina Health Group Chaska
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:30
Job Summary:Provides support to providers and the nursing staff in the delivery of timely, quality patient health care services. Some duties include assisting with rooming patients, managing patient flow and obtaining adequate patient medical information/data.
Key Position Details:
Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Provide patient care support and assist providers as instructed by the Physician, Provider or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Reports any acute problems and changes in patient's condition.
- Provides information to patients regarding test/procedure preparation, over-the-counter medication administration and treatment with provider.
- Provide patient preventative or other heath information per provider or RN
- Coordinate results of tests, procedures ect. with provider.
- Assists with scheduling appointments for patients.
- Prepare refill information for provider to review.
- Facilitate obtaining lab/imaging results and notify provider of abnormalities.
- Works with the electronic medical records in basket, responding to messages and results for provider.
- May need to perform injections using proper techniques.
- May need to help cover front desk and provide backup to patient registration.
- May assist with patient transportation.
- Room patients, manage patient flow and obtain adequate patient medical information/data.
- Perform rooming and vital signs according to standards.
- Assist with the collection, labeling, and processing of specimens.
- Confirm information with patient when necessary and document per practice.
- Keep patient informed of provider schedule and notify provider when patient is ready.
- Clean, re-stock and maintain inventory for exam rooms and inventory for supply room.
- Ensure that supplies are ordered, stocked and inventory is maintained.
- Order medical supplies and nutritional supplies.
- Sterilize and ensure the proper maintenance occurs for all exam room equipment.
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer directions or standards.
- Follows all policies and procedures when administering medication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- 0 to 2 years of Medical Assistant experience required and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Certified by the American Heart Association or Allina BLS within 30 Days
- Non-Certified Applicants with less than six (6) months of Medical Assistant experience must have graduated from an accredited school with a clinical externship
- Certified Medical Assistant - CMA - American Association of Medical Assistants preferred
- Medical Terminology preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently