Orthopedic Surgeon - Hand and Wrist
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 27, 2023
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Provides direct patient care to individuals with conditions of muscular skeletal system.
Key Position Details:
This orthopedic surgeon position is within the Twin Cities metro area and will have access to operate at both hospital and ambulatory surgery centers. Typical weekly schedule includes 3 clinic days and 2 surgery days with occasional practice call responsibilities. *Opportunity for Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) equity exists*
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides direct patient care for musculoskeletal patients.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Injection clinics plus collaboration with urgent cares for musculoskeletal patients is expected.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Provides clinical care, surgical intervention plus outside event coverage.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May have clinical duties which could include new patient triage for sports medicine or orthopedic patients.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Orthopedic Surgery required
- Less than 2 years of demonstrated experience in designated specialty area required and
- Less than 2 years of experience in research, presentations and sideline coverage preferred
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required and must be board certified or be eligible for board certification within designated specialty upon hire and
- ACLS/BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required upon hire and
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together:Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Analytical Thinking: Solves complex problems using a sequential system.
- Communication Skills: Communicates using persuasion and authority.
- Functional Knowledge: Expertise in his/her discipline and understands these concepts in other disciplines.
- Problem Solving: Assesses circumstances using experience and a variety of information gathered.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently