FM or IM Hospitalist / Primary Care Hastings
Number of Job Openings Available:2
Date Posted:August 28, 2023
Department:62069900 Allina Health Group Hastings
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Key Position Details:
- Every other week inpatient/outpatient. Procedures aren't required but optional.
- Primary care team has 16 Family Medicine Physicians and 8 Advanced Practice Providers, 2 Pediatricians
- Services offered: Medical imaging, Eye Care, mental health, and women's health
- Clinic hours are Monday: 8am-5pm, Tuesday-Wednesday: 8am-7pm, Thursday: 8am-5pm, Friday: 8am-4:30pm, Saturday-Sunday: 8am-4pm (walk in care)
- EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
Located just 20 minutes southeast of the Twin Cities in Hastings, MN, the Allina Health United Hospital- Regina Campus is a 57-bed acute care hospital employing 400+ staff and 250+ medical staff. Services include inpatient, outpatient, emergency care, a 5-bed special care unit, Courage Kenny Sports & Physical Therapy, Cancer Care and Mental Health. In addition, the campus also includes two Allina Health Clinics, a surgery center, and senior living facilities.
A scenic river town steeped in tradition, Hastings features the rugged and colorful scenery of the Mississippi, St. Croix, and Vermillion Rivers, many historic buildings, a mix of shopping facilities, restaurants, and industry & community festivities. The city's charming downtown is an interesting collection of restaurants, shops, and third-generation stores. Within the city limits are 8 city parks, 14 neighborhood parks, and boat access ramps. Two ski slopes and six golf courses are nearby. The neighborhoods feature a blend of large, quaint, older homes complemented by newer housing that lends a suburban influence.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently