Inpatient Psychiatrist - Float
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 30, 2023
Department:38029941 Unity IP Mental Health MD's
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not-for-profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of a thriving community.
Allina Health has a robust Mental Health and Addiction Clinical Service Line that offers the full continuum of care including integration, specialty outpatient clinics, addiction, co-occurring services, partial hospitalization, day treatment, emergency, and inpatient care.
Key Position Details:
As an inpatient psychiatrist at Allina, you will:
- Provide services for individuals experiencing complex mental health care needs.
- Support a comprehensive, evidence-based collaborative team-based approach supporting our patients' mental health and emotional well-being.
- Work closely with other areas of care, collaborating with teams on medical units, intermediate care and clinics.
- Work weekdays with some weekend call rotations.
- This position will provide virtual coverage for our regional inpatient units if needed. This is a float position, locations include Mercy Hospital - Unity Campus, United Hospital, and Abbott Northwestern Hospital.
Physician Talent Acquisition
- Consults with providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of their patients.
- Develops behaviorally focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders.
- Develops and lead staff education in psychiatric issues.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently