LPN New Graduate
Number of Job Openings Available:0
Date Posted:August 31, 2023
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Clinic provides support to providers in the delivery of timely, quality patient health care services in a clinic environment. The clinical service functions include initial data collection, assisting providers with rooming, check in and scheduling of appointments. The LPN also assists patients with prescription management, patient registration, answering patient concerns and maintaining outpatient medical records. May work in a team supporting multiple providers.
Individuals in this role will work in an outpatient clinic setting.
Key Position Details:
- A new graduate LPN is a licensed practical nurse with less than 6 months of LPN work experience.
- By submitting a LPN New Graduate application, you will be considered for all LPN positions within the Allina system that hire new grads. The locations listed are examples where we typically hire new LPNs.
- It is recommended that new grad LPNs apply up to 2 months prior to graduation (and anytime thereafter, there is no deadline). We hire new graduates year round depending on available positions.
- The Allina Health system has 90+ clinics which are located in the Twin Cities metro area, greater Minnesota and western Wisconsin. There are a wide variety of areas within those clinics that hire new grad LPNs such as: family practice, internal medicine, urgent care, dermatology, endocrinology, urology, audiology/ENT, women’s health, OBGYN, pediatrics, podiatry, vascular, sports and ortho, weight management and mental health.
- There are also new grad LPN hospital positions available primarily at our Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis in units such as: medical surgical, cardiac telemetry, vascular, oncology, neurology, orthopedics, spine, acute rehab, and observation. Please note we do not have neonatal, pediatric, burn, plastics, or trauma units within Allina.
- The Home Care and Hospice settings do not hire new grad LPNs.
- The work schedule details are determined at the time of a job offer and are dependent on what positions are available at that time.
- In the clinic setting, the LPN work schedule will match that of their provider(s), which will vary by each provider. Clinics are often open Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00. Urgent Care have extended evening hours and are open on the weekends. There may be part time or full time (40 hours per week) positions available.
- In the hospital setting, there may be positions working: evening shifts, night shifts, rotating day/evening shifts, day/night shifts, evening/night shifts, day/evening/night shifts, 8 hour or 12 hour shifts. The number of hours per week (FTE) will vary.
- For this new grad application, we are seeking individuals with less than 6 months of LPN work experience. If you have greater than 6 months please apply to req R-0005895.
- Provides patient care support and assist providers as instructed by the physician, provider or RN.
- Administers therapies including medications, calling in provider authorized prescriptions, scheduling follow up visits (and prior authorization) or other support unique to a specialty provider.
- Provides patient care pre/post encounter or procedure, preventative or other health information per provider or RN.
- Collaborates with Provider and team on improving and managing quality goals.
- May start, monitor and discontinue IVs (dependent on site needs and training).
- Rooms patients, manages patient flow and obtains adequate patient medical information/data.
- Performs rooming and accurately measures patients’ vital signs and other measurement/indicators as necessary and records in medical record.
- Coordinates communication of medical information and confirms information with patient when necessary and document per practice.
- Assists patients, as necessary, to prepare for physician exam, including providing psycho-emotional support.
- Assists in the collection, labeling and processing specimens timely/accurately.
- Transfers and assists with patient positioning when necessary. Assists physician with procedures including preparation of medication as required/needed.
- Organizes patient flow so physician can move efficiently from one room to the next.
- Provides outbound calls to patients to follow up as directed which may include notifying patients of test results.
- Accurately and completely charts information in the patient medical record.
- May checkout and schedule follow up visits with provider or appropriate staff before patient leaves.
- Receive or initiate patient phone calls.
- Answers phones cordially and professionally in a timely manner.
- May confirm or reiterate patient symptom using patient's own words.
- Arrange for appropriate appointment or forward to RN or provider for review/recommendation.
- Documents all encounters and patient interactions accurately and completely in the electronic medical record.
- Retrieves voicemail messages and returns patient call with provider recommendation.
- Processes physician orders.
- Performs any clinical functions within scope of license as ordered by physician.
- Responds promptly to patient needs and requests.
- Reviews patient charts before the visit to ensure that test results, therapy reports etc. are available.
- Provides appropriate instructions to patient as directed by physician.
- Cleans, prepares, organizes and re-stocks exam rooms.
- Cleans and ensures the proper maintenance occurs for all exam rooms and sterilize instruments as trained.
- Ensures that required teaching supplies are restocked and readily available.
- Stocks and supplies exam rooms according to standards and patient needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a Board of Nursing approved LPN program required
- Clinic LPN experience preferred
- LPNMNBN required or LPNWI required if working in Wisconsin or interacting with Wisconsin patients by phone
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Allina Health required within 30 Days or BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently